Engineered wood, also known as composite wood or manufactured boards, includes a range of derivative wood products which are manufactured by binding or fixing the strands, particles, fibers or veneers of wood to form composite materials. These products are engineered to precise design specifications which are tested to meet national or international standards. Engineered wood products are used in a variety of applications, from home construction to commercial buildings to industrial products.
For a large international producer of wood-based panels, Vision++ designed and developed a 3D Matte Scanner, which makes inline 3D measurements of an OSB panel form line. The task of the 3D scanner is to measure the geometry of the matte and raise an alarm when certain anomalies or deviations from pre-set matte profiles are detected. This application has shown to be very important for factory operations by reducing production down time and is by assuring consistent production quality.
3D Matte Scanner’s features in a nutshell:
- Vision technology: 3D time-of-flight laser scanning.
- Produces mm-precise dimensional measurements of an OSB panel form line.
- Employs custom developed SW routines for inline matte profile analysis and anomaly detection.
- Allows for offline post-production analytics on historical 3D-data.
- Reduces production down time and assures consistent production quality.